Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shape-Shifter

So first semester is now over and it is time for the much needed winter break. Here is the current progress on my model, next semester we go into rigging. For our final exam we had to do three blend shapes with our models: a blink, a mouth open, and one of our choice (mine is a brow up, and I got to learn how to do a wrap to get the eyebrow geometry to follow the facial geometry). Before the next semester begins I have to straighten the character's legs out because that makes it easier to rig.

UPDATE 03/21/11 - I straightened out the character's legs.

I am going to miss this class, Dan Platt was a really awesome teacher and I definitely learned a lot.

HOVER OVER THE IMAGE TO ROTATE THE MODEL

2 comments:

TJ said...

This guy is looking great man! I have no idea how the hell you made the turn around interactive!

Brian Carter said...

haha, thanks. I just cheated the turnaround thing by bringing a rotation video into Flash and then putting a row of buttons over it that tell it to go to a certain frame when you hover over them.